Issues List Date Sorting

Raymond A Rondeau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Greetings,

In the issues list I have added a number of columns. When I select the "Due Date" it allows me to adjust the date right in the table view by clicking in the box and selecting a date from a small calendar. 

When I added the "Start Date" column this does not work. As I can only adjust this by adjusting the field by opening the Story or Task.  

Where is the setting so I can adjust this directly from the table?

Please Note: If the "Start Date" can not be adjusted right from the table, which of the other date fields can I add to a table that would allow this needed functionality?

Thank You 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2024

Hi @Raymond A Rondeau -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you trying this with the List view in a Jira Work Management (JWM) project?

If so, I just tried that and it worked for me for the built-in Start date and Due date fields with both a company-managed and team-managed JWM project.

Would you please post an image of the list showing the column headings?  That may indicate if there is another field being used than the built-in ones.

Kind regards,
Bill

Raymond A Rondeau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Thank you for replying ......

These are the columns ... Start Date wont allow adjustments in the List View table format.   

a.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2024

Thank you for clarifying, as that is the list / issues view from the other project types (and not Jira Work Management).

Many fields cannot be edited inline yet in that view.  And, that view is relatively new and evolving quickly.

I recommend watching / voting for these suggestions to add more fields for inline edit, and watching the blog of weekly updates to see changes approaching soon:

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Banned
July 8, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events