Issues Done but Unresolved

michaeldemadet January 7, 2020

Hi,

I have a lot of issues in Done status but with resolution field Unresolved.

I have to make a script using Jira API to fix this bug to change their resolution field to Resolved.

I tried to do it with a put request but it doesn't work and I can't do it with a transition because status is already Done.

Thank you

4 answers

4 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi @michaeldemadet 

You can also create a temporary transition in the workflow of the project. Make the transition go from 'Any' to 'Itself' and then add a post function to it that sets the resolution.

Go to search for issues and list all the closed issues that have no resolution, in the top right, click on the three dots and choose bulk change. Then select all issues and choose transition issues. Select your temporary transition and perform the bulk change.

Kind regards
Jorden

anyitself.PNG

2 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

ScriptRunner has a built-in script to bulk change resolutions.  You could use this add-on under a free trial if you don't already have it.

Or, as another member has already said, create a new transition from the existing state back to itself, which automatically sets the resolution.  When you've done the bulk transition and fixed your problem, you can delete the transition.

1 vote
Tom Thompson July 27, 2021

Resolution is a junk field.  Stay away as even "Unresolved" shows up a "Resolved" in the gadgets, etc.

It is quite a humorous implementation of something that could have been useful.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

The definition of the Done column should include the resolution field being filled in. In conjunction with that the transition to whatever status you are using for done must either present a transition screen with the resolution field for the user to set or a post function to set the resolution field. You need to fix your workflow.

You have two options to fix the current issues; 1. create a transition from from the done status back to the done status with a transition screen to set the resolution or 2. Tell everyone not to use the project, or apply a permission scheme where only you have permission to the project, add the resolution field to the edit screen and use the bulk edit option to fix the resolutions. Then REMOVE the resolution field from the edit screen and apply the old permission scheme. 

Suggest an answer