Issue with new Scrum Board

Vasilis Gennaris March 14, 2018

Hi all, 

I have five project, the four projects contains one board each and the fifth project contains 3 boards. I am creating one more scrum board for the Front-End in the fifth project that will contains issues from the rest 4 projects by using one custom filter. 

My problem is when i am trying to create lets say the first sprint for that board, it names the sprint as TRAVELER Sprint 6 for ex. TRAVELER is one of the other four projects.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 14.17.38.png

Also when i check velocity chart of this certain board it contains name of other sprint from other boards and projects..

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 14.18.01.pngIs there any input with the issue i face?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Sprints belong to the issues and not to the board. If you have issues/stories from other boards in your filter, you will see the sprints created on those boards in the new board as well.

The only way to avoid this is to create a filter that will exclude all issues in the other boards.

Btw, you can rename your sprints as you like. The name "TRAVELER Sprint 6" is just a suggestion based on what JIRA knows from the previous sprint names.

Vasilis Gennaris March 14, 2018

It make sense now! I have a board for design that works with the same way but i don't see any other sprint in velocity chart but only Design sprints

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 15.55.26.png

What actually happens also here is that i create stories in the other four projects/products and i assigned it to this board that lives in my generic fifth project, as i don't have cross functional teams.. How in this case works properly?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

You will need to figure out a way to separate those stories out. Maybe use a custom field and then adjust the filters using that custom field.

Vasilis Gennaris March 15, 2018

I have a custom field that is called Board View and i filter out with this parameter, and it works properly but in the case of my new board in the velocity report i get the image of the first screen shot that i got.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events