Issue creation field : private configuration

M January 24, 2014

Hello,

When you create an issue, you can choose the wheel ('All' or 'Private') in order to display field in the issue creation field.

But, when i choose private and select fields, if i quit Jira, when i coming back, all selected field are not displayed, i have to do it again.

I think i miss something...

Thans in advance to help me !

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2014

I'm not sure I understand this "all" or "private" thing - could you explain? It sounds like it might be a plugin of some sort.

M January 24, 2014

Hi Nick,

No, in fact in jira 6.0x when you create an issue, in the issue creation screen, you can choose a configuration option to display some fields.

My instance is in french, so i do not have the real term, but i can choose personel settings and i select (checkbox) field i want to display, that is great. The thing is that i want to keep this setup for the next connexion, and here, it is not working like thaht, i have to enter again and checl again the field.. Hope to be clear, thanks a lot !

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2014

Ah, I see, the configuration option with show and hide ("private" implies some form of security and hiding from other people, which confused me. Sorry)

That behaviour sounds odd to me - my Jira remembers my chosen fields. Are you doing anything like clearing cookies out when you close the browser?

M January 24, 2014

Hi, no, my cookies are well activated, it is like field are already defined somewhere, it is weird.

M January 24, 2014

Sorry Nick, i thought it was cookies inmy browser, in fact it is cookies on the user profile, thanks!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2014

No problem - glad you found a solution!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events