Issue Viewable Option

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2011

How to mofify viewable by all people,

I just need it to be viewable only for assignee and project leader and of course the reporter By default

so i want to restrict it once it the issue created

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2011

On a per-project basis? You can do this with a permission scheme.

* In Administration, go to Permission Schemes.

* Find the Permission Scheme associated with the project you want to restrict.

* Click "Permissions"

* The "Browse Projects" permission (which restricts the ability to see issues as well), is by default given to the "Users" project role. You can remove that and instead assign it to Assignee, Project Lead and Reporter.

Now, all issues in projects that use that permission scheme will be only be visible to those three - regardless of whether they were created before or after you set the permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2011
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2011

Interesting, Nic, thanks - I wasn't aware of that. My reading of that page is that in this scenario, the empty project becomes visible to everyone, but only reporters can see their individual issues within it. Which makes sense, and I doubt it's changed recently.

Suggest an answer