Issue Layout for Multiple Projects

Jonathan Czeisel November 11, 2019

On Jira Cloud, is there any way to copy the issue layout from one project to another? I have multiple projects and would like the field order to be the same for all of them. Manually updating every project's settings is very tedious.

2 answers

0 votes
Tracy Walton June 4, 2021

If you're looking for a way to create Jira projects with the same Issue Layout as another project, please see/vote/comment here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76774

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to share a single field layout between several projects in JIRA, however, we completely understand that this would be a useful feature when working with a high number of projects and would significantly reduce the time effort to set your application.

That being said, we created the following feature request to get this functionality implemented:

Ability to share Issue layout between projects 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, there's a possible workaround that can be performed by the JIRA Cloud Standard support team. Basically, we have a script that would automatically update your projects with a specific issue layout you choose. If you would like to proceed with this workaround, please let us know and we will open a new support ticket for you to get the following information:

1 - Let us know what is the Issue Layout template that will be copied from one project to another

2 - Specify in which projects and screens we should apply the changes. This is important because once ran we cannot roll back the changes, only by individually updating the projects using the JIRA interface.

P.S: Both information above should be provided in a new support ticket that I will open for you to get more data/permissions and run the script. Please, don't provide information from your site in this public question.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Tom Thompson March 17, 2022

My question is pretty simple.  Why not?  

BUT, I just found an easier way:

When you are editing a layout, there is a "Copy Layout" button at the bottom.  You can copy it to all other projects at once.  Exactly what people want.

You don't need a script.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer