Is there any way to restore installation directories in jira, accidentally deleted while upgrading

rishi September 18, 2017

While upgrading confluence accidentally wrong path for installation directory it deleted installation directory for different environments. Is there any way to restore installation directories for different environments

Please let me know is there any process Asap

2 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

Please consider providing details like "accidentally wrong path", well what path did it want and what did you give it? No one can give you any workaround, we don't understand the issue yet.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

I can't quite work out what oyu might have done here, but I can tell you that your only real option is to move all the directories somewhere safe so that you know you have good backups, and then install a new clean upgraded Confluence from scratch.

rishi September 18, 2017

Thanks for your quick response Nic,

Actually it's a test environment, but i just want to know is there any workaround for this issue ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

I don't understand what you think is an issue here.  You have not explained fully what you've done, just that something is broken, so we can't know what the issue might be. 

From what you have said, it sounds like you've run an upgrade in the wrong place, for which there is not a work-around - you just need to run it in the right place.

Suggest an answer