Is there any way to have multiple On Demand jira users with permission to add users, but without full administrator rights ?

keith weng October 29, 2012

It would be very useful to allow project admins to create new users who have access only to their project.

However, it seems there is no permission to add/invite users that is separate from full administrator rights.

Is there some other way to achieve this goal ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi, unfortunately only JIRA administrators can add/remove users.

Take note that you can split JIRA administration into system administration and jira administration to reduce some risks. The JIRA administrator doesn't need full permission, such as re-indexing, import/export etc.

Thanks. Does this apply to On Demand ?

In my On Demand instance there is a "system-administrators" group (and "confluence-administrators" group) in which the only member is "sysadmin" with the email address "noreply@atlassian.net". So there does not seem to be a way to add anybody to those groups.

I created the On Demand instance and was the first user in the system, and I seem to have rights like re-index, but I am only a member of the "administrators" group.

When I view global permissions, I see only the following available:

JIRA Administrators

JIRA Users

Browser Users

Create Shared Objects

Manage Group Filter Subscriptions

Bulk Change

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

For OnDemand, the administrator is already restricted down. Atlassian is the only 1 that has full access on those platforms.

OK, thanks.

Suggest an answer