Is there any place to see what all changes have been made to the JIRA Server which triggered indexing

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Is there any place to see what all changes have been made to the JIRA Server which triggered indexing

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

I'm afraid this isn't a clear question.

Which indexing are you talking about? If it's an index event for a single issue, then the answer is "a user did something to change the data on the issue". If it's foreground or background indexing, then the answer is "one of your administrators clicked index"

But I'm not sure that you're talking about any of those. Could you explain further?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

I am talking about background indexing. On the Admin console of JIRA, I found Indexing message due to some changes in cutom fields by one of the jira admins. I would like to know the specific cause of the Indexing message.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2013

Ah, yes, the "you need to reindex" message.

There's not currently any way to see what action was taken to make this happen. You do know it's a change to a field context or searcher (including adding fields), but not who did it.

I understand Atlassian are looking into adding some "admin audit trail", but for now, you'll just have to ask your admins who amongst them has been tinkering with fields (shouldn't be too bad if you've got the recommended number of admins - less than 10)

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

Thank you Nic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events