Is there a way to pull JIRA project progress (by percentage) to display in confluence

Tej March 3, 2017

Hi,

Here I have to display the progress of a project in confluence by pulling it from JIRA 

Progress may be the percentage of epic completed or Sum of Story Point for all Open Issues and Sum of Story Point for all Completed Issues.

To say simple I want to know up to what percentage of the project is completed and want to display in confluence.

Can we achieve by using any macro? or any other way.

Thanks

Dave.

1 answer

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2017

Hi Dave,

You can pull JIRA issues using JIRA Issues macro, wrap it with Pivot Table macro (Table Filter and Charts add-on) to count completed and open tasks. Then you can wrap Pivot Table macro with Chart from Table macro to visualize it.

Tej March 3, 2017

Thank you, Andrey! for a quick response can you be in details I'm new to this macros sad 

I don't think this works because I just want the percentage of the project completion that to display in confluence or at least how to get percentage of project completed.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2017

Please, take a look at this demo. Pivot macro doesn't show values in percents, but this will be available as option in version 3.10.0. But you can see the progress of each project as a column in the chart or in a pie chart, for example.

Tej March 6, 2017

Andrey Khaneev,

Thanks for the advice, any idea 

Like Aleksandar Salevski likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2017

Pivot Table can show values as percents in Table Filter and Charts 3.10.0.

Suggest an answer