Is there a way to make estimate field as mandatory before an issue is added to a sprint

Suresh Kumar September 24, 2014

Hi All,

Is there a way to seeting up JIRA Agilr board "Estimate" field as mandatory before an issue is added to a sprint?

2 answers

0 votes
Suresh Kumar October 22, 2014

Any one have thoughts about this requirement?

Srikanth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2019

@Joe Pitt can you suggest other plugins for making "Estimates" mandatory

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

I use the jira suite utilities to make fields required at during  transitions

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

Unless it is required at creation the only way is to require it during a transaction using the jira-suite or other plugin unless you want to write a listener. You could require it before transitioning out of Open so you'd at least have it before starting work.

Suresh Kumar September 24, 2014

Hi Joseph Pitt,

I'll agree to your answer but here difficulties is I coludn't make the field "Estimate" as required at transaction.

Since this field is mapped with "Estimation Statistic" in JIRA Agile board configuration.

Also different proejct have different type of JIRA fields mapped in agile board configuration.

eg,

Proejct A having Estimation Statistic as Story Points

Project B having Estimation Statistic as Orginal Time Estimate.

How do make "Estimate" as required in all over intance before issue can be added into sprint(release) in plan mode?

Suggest an answer