Is there a way to group the issues by the name and manage all onboardings in one project?

Robin Weiß November 22, 2018

We want to build up a project for onboarding processes but we are struggling with some decisions. Maybe some of you could give us an advice or knows a article about this requirement.

We would have about the same 50 issues for every new employee. We want to see the same processes together to work on them at the same time.

e.g. We have 3 new employees the next month and all three will get the latest IPhone. It would be very inefficient if we had one project for every new employee because then we had to look in every onboarding project to get all the "Order a new mobile phone" issues. 

Is there a way to group the issues by the name and manage all onboardings in one project? 

We would love to see something like this at a Kanban Board:Issues.png

If something like this would be possible we could order 3 IPhones in the time we actual need for one. 

Beside of the onboarding processes we have other projects where we'd like to implement a solution for this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2018

If you made the Master ticket an Epic and all the tasks Stories you could use Jira's "Group by Epic" in the board to make swimlanes specific to each on boarding. Im actually in the process of building this exact same request out. 

Hi Shawn,

First of all thanks for your quick response. 
I tried what you suggested but there are still a few problems. The issues are well sorted and I use labels to sort by employees. So I assume that we can work with this solution. 

But do you know if it is possible to write a script to add one story to every epic in a project with an specific label and summary? 

Greetings 

Robin

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2018

For a bulk job....your best bet would be the REST API or a CSV upload to Jira with the information you want present in those tickets. 

For a programmatic fix you could lean towards addons like JWME or Automation for Jira.

JWME would allow you to add 'Post Functions' these are programmed actions that occur in the workflow. 

Automation for Jira can watch a project or entire instance and perform operations based on conditions. 

Thank you Shawn I will try it with Automation for Jira, REST API and CSV and see what will fit for us.

Suggest an answer