Is there a way to group issues into sections in the Kanban Backlog?

Lauren Navarro May 21, 2018

"Fake" sprints are a nice way to organize different sections of a backlog, but that's not what they're intended for. Other than quick filters, are there any other tricks to organizing issues using the Kanban backlog if there are multiple sub-teams who need to work from the same backlog prioritization?

2 answers

2 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2018
Does Base Swimlanes on Queries in Kanban Configuration Meet Your Needs?

group.jpg

johndpatton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2018
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2018

Swimlanes are for the "Active"(Kanban board) view and not for the backlog view.

Lauren Navarro May 22, 2018

@Ollie Guan Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that's only for the board and we're only looking to group issues in the backlog.

@johndpatton Thanks for the link! We do use multiple boards, but need to pull from one backlog.

0 votes
johndpatton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2018

One other thought was that you can have different fields on your backlog cards than your board... 

Agile_Board_-_JIRA.png

Lauren Navarro May 23, 2018

Interesting idea! I'll have to add the new field and give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events