Is there a way to add Issuetype=Bug that falls under an epic to show in portfolio roadmap view

Mark Gaines July 24, 2019

I have a portfolio project created where it gives me the view of an EPIC (Feature) and the linked Stories under that need to fulfill the EPIC. This shows me my roadmap based off my estimates. I have run into an issue in how bugs are also included in this plan. 

Background:

EpicE (feature)

- StoryA (6 hours from the total sub-tasks)

--Subtask A1 - 2hrs

--Subtask A2 - 4hrs

If a BUG is raised by the team, they will create a bug, then associate this bug to the EPIC and then create the relevant subtasks to fulfill this BUG

- BugB (10 hours from the total sub-tasks)

--Subtask B1 - 5hrs

--Subtask B2 - 5hrs

In my plan EpicE currently says it will be finished in 6 hours time (StoryA only). when in fact i want to say 16 hours time it will be completed (StoryA plus BugB).

How do i get bus to show in my plan like stories do

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Gaines July 24, 2019

I managed to get hold of someone and we figured it out.

Jira:

1) Make sure that you have an epic created

2) Make sure that your Issuetypes are linked to the EPIC (Epic Link)

3) Make sure that your Query / Filter that will be used by Portfolio includes the Issue types you want to include in your plan

4) make sure that you have a sub task created under the issuetype (preferably estimated)

Portfolio:

1) Make sure that when you create your plan, you use the "Filter" option as your source, the same one that you created above.

2) Make sure the Issuetypes are selected in "Scope" section BEFORE you finish the plan initiation (it seems to default to not selected)

3) once created, Make sure that all your filters on your plan are MAX'd out i.e "All" /  "Full" etc.

You should now see this... Hope it helps. 

Suggest an answer