Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile

Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile 

I have installed this plugin today, but didn't know where to start to implement this function. 

4 answers

I do not understand why you want to stop users from moving tickets. You "move" tickets into a sprint. Either they are completed in that sprint or they will end up in a subsequent sprint. You may "move" tickets out of next sprint to the backlog during sprint planning. I think it is a good practice to not move tickets during a live sprint but I do not see a need to enforce this through Jira.

I may have misunderstood your requirement. If so please explain what you need in a bit more detail.

Rather than disallowing users to move, why don't you set up a JIRA report and dashboard that shows all issues that have recently moved sprints.

You could use ScriptRunner to create an escalation service that highlights whenever a ticket is moved from one sprint to another and then you can choose to deal with these events as they happen. It is generally a better practice to encourage good processes rather than block bad practices using JIRA.

I hope that helps.

0 vote

ScriptRunner has JQL functions to show addedAfterSprintStart, and removedAfterSprintStart if that's any help.

Thank you all, the problem resolved by editing the "schedule permission" for a project. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

127 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you