Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile

Cue Connect
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 15, 2015

Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile 

I have installed this plugin today, but didn't know where to start to implement this function. 

4 answers

0 votes
Cue Connect
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 16, 2015

Thank you all, the problem resolved by editing the "schedule permission" for a project. 

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

ScriptRunner has JQL functions to show addedAfterSprintStart, and removedAfterSprintStart if that's any help.

0 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Rather than disallowing users to move, why don't you set up a JIRA report and dashboard that shows all issues that have recently moved sprints.

You could use ScriptRunner to create an escalation service that highlights whenever a ticket is moved from one sprint to another and then you can choose to deal with these events as they happen. It is generally a better practice to encourage good processes rather than block bad practices using JIRA.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Nick September 15, 2015

I do not understand why you want to stop users from moving tickets. You "move" tickets into a sprint. Either they are completed in that sprint or they will end up in a subsequent sprint. You may "move" tickets out of next sprint to the backlog during sprint planning. I think it is a good practice to not move tickets during a live sprint but I do not see a need to enforce this through Jira.

I may have misunderstood your requirement. If so please explain what you need in a bit more detail.

Suggest an answer