Is it possible to update a related ticket (resolve or comments) - separate projects

Janina Kotze September 29, 2019

I have two projects - when I do a specific transition on the service desk project I use standard post function scripts provided by JIRA to clone the ticket on another project from where the development team works.

However, to reduce admin I would like comments made to the dev project ticket to update to the service desk ticket;  I would like to indicate a status has changed on the service desk ticket when the devs move their ticket and I would like the service desk ticket to be resolved, when the dev ticket is resolved.

I do not see this in the standard JIRA post functions.

How can this be achieved?  I am not a programmer - I am a BA so not clued up to write any Java code - but with some guidance I can get a dev to assist.

Kind Regards

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

automation for jira may allow you to do this, and you don't have to write code, the system is more like setting triggers and actions

Janina Kotze September 30, 2019

Thank you so much.  I downloaded the 30 day trial.  Seems to give me what I need.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2019

Hi @Janina Kotze 

The following is not possible with standard JIRA post functions. You must consider an add-on like scriptrunner to handle your various scenarios and actions.

You should look a for the following:

1. A script that allows you transition a linked issue based on specific link type.
  2. A script for adding comments from one project to another.

I hope this guideline helps a bit.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer