Is it possible to show issue type icons under issue links ?

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2012

Hi Guys

In jira 4.4.1, each issue has a tab 'Linked issues' with the list of all issues linked to it.

We can get the status of all issues linked along with the Issue Key and Summary. Unfortunately, there is no info on which issue type it is.

Is there any way to get an Issue Type icon near to the Issue Key ?

I see this is available in JIRA 5.0.

Thanks, Vishnu.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

Hi Vishnu ,

Not sure about 4.4.1. I have tried it on jira 4.3

You need to add some code in a jsp file, view_linking.jsp which is located in \atlassian-jira\includes\panels\issue

(view_linking.txt)

you can check the code which i have added in the attached file.

:)

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2012

Hi Mizan

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I use JIRA 4.4.1 and I couldn't locate the file you mentioned under "atlassian-jira/includes/panels/issue".

The available files are ;

create_components.jsp

create_versions.jsp

reporter.jsp

view_attachments.jsp

view_customfields.jsp

viewissue-opsbar.jsp

Any idea ?

Thanks, Vishnu.

0 votes
bhanubp February 18, 2013

i dont have the option to go for newer version now. did the below soultion worked for you?

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2013

This feature is included in latest JIRA release.

0 votes
bhanubp February 18, 2013

Hi Vishnu,

may i know how you achieve this as there is no view_linking.jsp file. i am facing same issue here. you help is highly appreiicated

Suggest an answer