Is it possible to reset the issue key number?

Karthik Mohan March 1, 2018

I have created few test issues in a new project. Now I want to delete them and make the issue numbering to start from the begining, rather than the last issue's number + 1.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

Hi Karthik,

you can't do with the user interface. The only option for you is to create a new project and start from scratch.

If you want to to that, create another new project (temp) and share the configuration with your BT-Project, delete your BT-Project and create it again with the shared configuration of project temp. So, you don't have to create all the settings once again. 

But why don't you just close your test tickets and make clear that these tickets are just for testing purposes? 

Karthik Mohan March 1, 2018

Hi @Thomas Schlegel Thanks for the input. Yeah i think its just better to  clear the test issues and leave the rest as it is.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

Your're welcome, @Karthik Mohan

Suggest an answer