Is it possible to make part of a word bold in the comment field?

Applicatiebeheer Naturalis July 23, 2018

When I type BioPortal and I just want the second P to be bold, it is shown as Bio*P*ortal. 

BioPortal

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

hi @Applicatiebeheer Naturalis,

Have you tried adding the word like below?

Bio*P*ortal

screenshot-jira.millenniumit.com-2018.07.23-15-12-27.png

It will looks like below.

1.png

hope this helps  šŸ˜Š 

Thank you Alana, when I do this it first looks ok, but after saving it becomes Bio*P*ortal

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

What happens when you just select the P and click Bold button?

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

@Applicatiebeheer Naturalis

try below

Bio{color}*P*{color}ortal

Thank you Alana, your first suggestion I tried already but didn't work, the second works:)

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

Glad it worked 

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

hi @Applicatiebeheer Naturalis,

this is a followup,

I got to know that currently, Jira does not support partial formatting, There is an existing feature request asking for this functionality JRASERVER-65414, you may vote the issue and it will be addressed in accordance with  New Features Policy.

suggested second method works fine since it is the current workaround available 

partial{color}*word*{color}
Applicatiebeheer Naturalis July 25, 2018

Thank you! Just voted for  the issue

0 votes

It should show as BioPortal, which works fine here, but not in our Jira environment. Does somebody know how to fix this?

Suggest an answer