Is it possible to hide a JIRA issues contents based on status?

Anthony Galati June 17, 2013

We are looking at create a JIRA Project for HR. The contents of the JIRA issues of these projects should only be able to be seen by:

• Open - Issue Creator and HR Staff
  • Pending - HR Staff only
  • Approved - ALL USERS
  • Not Approved - Issue Creator and HR Staff

Essentially is it possible to hide data of a JIRA based off of JIRA status.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

The easiest way to do this--but probably the most error-prone--would be to implement Issue Security levels and train your users to set the correct levels manually for each issue when they send it along through the workflow.

You could also write a workflow post-function to set the issue security level at each step.

Ben Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2013

I do not see the option to set issue security as a workflow post-function, do we need a plugin to be able to do this?

Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Yeah, you will need to roll your own post-function.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

As Robert said - but you could try https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-SetIssueSecurity . It just requires setting a simple condition which will determine when the security level changes. For your case you could actually just leave the condition blank and add it to the two workflow functions where you will need to change the security level.

0 votes
Ben Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2013

I do not see the option to set issue security as a workflow post-function, do we need a plugin to be able to do this?

Suggest an answer