Is it possible to define the more actions shown in one board shown in the issue view

Miguel Costa March 7, 2019

hi All,

To give context imagining a board like this one here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/what-is-a-board-764477964.html

For example the "On a Scrum board" or "On a Kanban board"

You have the issue detail section where we have the 3rd section for the issue actions.

At the moment If I want to move the issue to one workflow not in the board columns (like closed for example) I need to go to more actions and then I can see the workflow actions in the operations to perform.

Is it possible to put the Workflow directly in the first set of extra options (when clicking the ...)

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi @Miguel Costa - Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but you should be able to move an issue to a different status (even a status that isn't on the board) by selecting the issue, and clicking on the dropdown menu under Status. Here's a screenshot for reference:

2019-03-08_15-11-25.png

hi Kevin, thanks for the feedback but I may have done something wrong.

From my issue view I cannot move the status (the status itself has no way of clicking it.

I can only click the ... at the top and do more actions and then move the ticket2019-03-08 13_35_01-WaaS Planning - Agile Board - JIRA Dev _ SITS.png

Could it be some configuration I missed?

For example in the priority I can change it straight away and the components and other fields but the status does not allow me to change it.

Like Kevin Bui likes this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi @Miguel Costa - Are you on Jira Server? My apologies - The instructions I gave you were for Jira Cloud, and I don't actually know Jira Server all that well. 

However, I think if you open the issue in a new tab, and select Workflow in the dropdown, I think you can transition the issue to a new status that way.

I hope that helps!

yeah I know I can move the issue if I just open the issue itself but the idea would be to do it without needing to go to another tab or without extra steps.

Suggest an answer