Is it okay with enabling triggers for Simplified Workflow?

Michał Gawlik July 27, 2016

We use triggers but we didn't use them yet in case of Simplified Workflow. Are any objections/concerns for that?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

Don't put triggers into simplified workflows.  Your users can inadvertently remove them.

Michal Gawlik July 27, 2016

Thank you Nic! If this is only one potential issue, I think we can live with it. We only have to inform the board admins about not removing these statuses, because they are connected to triggers they have asked for.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

It's the only one I've seen happen a lot.  Atlassian docs suggest there are others, but I don't know what they're looking at.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2016

Hmm, the older version of your second link used to mention it.  I don't remember them stating any specific reasons, but there's a general "do not amend a simplified workflow" in several places.

Suggest an answer