Is it Worth Disabling Redmine & Bitbucket Importers Plugins?

In the last week I see that the JIRA Importers Plugin has been updated, and that Redmine & Bitbucket import is now handled by separate plugins.

If I do not import issues from these systems then would it be beneficial to disable the plugins and thus save on resources? Is there any good reason *not* to disable them?

They currently display as 3rd party plugins... and I have a worry that they might be relisted as system plugins at some point - as happened with the DVCS connector (which also happens to be a plugin that I do not need).

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Mark,
I do not think resource wise it will make any difference to have these plugins enabled or disabled.
As such, it might be better to keep them enabled.

Plugins which are bundled with JIRA upon installation, will often get displayed as system plugins. Once these plugins get upgraded to another version than the bundled version, they will get displayed as 3rd party plugins instead.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

463 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you