Is it Worth Disabling Redmine & Bitbucket Importers Plugins?

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2014

In the last week I see that the JIRA Importers Plugin has been updated, and that Redmine & Bitbucket import is now handled by separate plugins.

If I do not import issues from these systems then would it be beneficial to disable the plugins and thus save on resources? Is there any good reason *not* to disable them?

They currently display as 3rd party plugins... and I have a worry that they might be relisted as system plugins at some point - as happened with the DVCS connector (which also happens to be a plugin that I do not need).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2014

Hi Mark,
I do not think resource wise it will make any difference to have these plugins enabled or disabled.
As such, it might be better to keep them enabled.

Plugins which are bundled with JIRA upon installation, will often get displayed as system plugins. Once these plugins get upgraded to another version than the bundled version, they will get displayed as 3rd party plugins instead.

Suggest an answer