Is Multilevel Cascade Select 2.5 compatible with Jira v5.0?

Hi,
great plugin, but we have JIRA v5.0 and I am reluctant to just try it out.
Regards

8 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Ivan Tse Atlassian Team Sep 18, 2012

I ran across this thread while looking for updates on the plugin. I wanted to let everyone here know that it looks like the developer did update for JIRA 5.

http://sourcesense.github.com/jira-multi-level-cascade-select/downloads.html

I'm not entirely sure if it is compatible with JIRA 5.1.x though.

Note: Doesn't look like the dev updated their plugin on the marketplace so you'll need to grab it manually from the link above.

Thanks for that info!

I'll highly recommend to write the vendor plugin to the mail he shows on the plugin page:

atlassian@sourcesense.com

I'm pretty sure you will have a quicker response and a more specific one too ;)

i have tried to install 2.5 version and every thing went fine, but we try to see customfield values in create page screen parent value is not showing, insted it is showing reference velocity code in dropdown. and getting below error in log.

013-08-12 10:47:06,776 http-8080-Processor15 WARN ramesh.udari 647x181x1 143nuwi 172.17.82.51 /secure/CreateIssue.jspa [velocity] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = templates/plugins/customfield/multi-level-cascading-select-edit.vm [line 49,column 46] : $cfValueEncoder.encodeForHtml($option.value) is not a valid reference.

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:277)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:70)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)

at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)

at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:422)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:77)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:61)

at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:56)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.AbstractJiraModuleDescriptor.getHtml(AbstractJiraModuleDescriptor.java:109)

I also would like to know when this plugin is updated to 5.0.x.

Hello:-

Even I am looking for an Answer to this question. We are currently on JIRA 4.4 and am planning to upgrade to 5.1.x.

Rgrds

Hello:-

Even I am looking for an Answer to this question. We are currently on JIRA 4.4 and am planning to upgrade to 5.1.x.

Rgrds

Did they reply? I emailed them a few hours back but still haven't got a reply.

Is there any movement on this? We are highly dependant on this plugin.....

I contacted the vendors (Sourcesense Europe), they said that it's still in the pipeline.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

551 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you