Is Greenhopper API deprecated

Vidit-3 August 10, 2022

We have a use case in our project, for which the GreenHopper API <jira_url>/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId=<rapidViewId>&sprintId=<sprint_id> gives all the consolidated information about the completed issues, time logged, punted issues, incomplete issues etc. I was curious to know whether Atlassian has plans to deprecate this API ? 

I know that the documentation is no longer maintained, but there's no concrete information on API deprecation.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, it will go away. You should move to using the Jira Software REST API as soon as possible (it's very similar as it's based on the GH stuff, but it's a lot more detailed and powerful, as it's kept up with the Software improvements)

Vidit-3 August 10, 2022

Thanks for the clarification @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ! Really appreciate it.

James Crockett September 4, 2022

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Nic, would you be able to point me to the appropriate docs that explain how to accomplish something similar to the Greenhopper rapidView queries that Vidit mentioned using the current Jira REST API? I have looked all over and I am not seeing where I can run a REST call that will return information such as: issues completedInSprint", issues nonCompletedInSprint, issues punted from sprint. You mentioned that the current REST API is similar and more powerful than Greenhopper, but I'm struggling to see how to implement those kinds of capabilities in a straightforward way. Any help appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

Greenhopper went away over a decade ago, and it never had any of the calls you suggest.  Try looking for the Jira Software REST API which replaced it.

Paulo Felisbino December 21, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , i was looking for some information similar to @James Crockett and i ran into this greenhopper call: /rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId=321&sprintId=606
The response is as the image below and it has everything i need (and i think it may help you out James)
As far as i understand this is not recommended anymore and it is for internal use only. Can i achieve the same/similar results using the proper jira rest api (specially the punted issues)?

hopper.png

Like John likes this
Jacob Davis July 16, 2023

Hey @Paulo Felisbino did you end up finding a solution to this? I have been having the same problem

Evgen Kyselgov July 19, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 
No, Jira Software REST API is not full replacement for Greenhopper API. It does not contain this very useful API for saved filters list "/rest/greenhopper/1.0/savedfilter/list".
How can i get the list of all saved filters without Greenhopper REST API?

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2023

Hello @Evgen Kyselgov 

Yep. The REST APIs are not full replacements for the Greenhopper APIs. You just have to live with that.

"How can i get the list of all saved filters without Greenhopper REST API?"

What did 'saved' infer in that old endpoint? Saved by someone? Saved somewhere? Saved for a purpose?

Or are you referring to a board's quick filters?

GET agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/quickfilter

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2023

Hello @Jacob Davis 

There is no REST API endpoint that replicates the functionality of that now internal, sprintReport endpoint. As per this thread, and many others on the same topic, and as specifically documented in JSWSERVER-12877

The 'solution' is that you just live with that.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer