IoC registration for decorator pattern - Jira Server

Currently we are using "atlassian-plugin.xml" to register services to be wired with Spring for a JIRA server plugin.

For example:

<component key="periodAOService" class="com.theplugin.period.ao.PeriodAOServiceImpl"
interface="com.theplugin.period.ao.PeriodAOService" public="false"/>

I want to add caching externally by decorating the interface above.

public class PeriodConfigurationAOServiceCache implements PeriodConfigurationAOService {

private final PeriodConfigurationAOService periodConfigurationAOService;

public
PeriodConfigurationAOServiceLogger(PeriodConfigurationAOService periodConfigurationAOService) {
this.periodConfigurationAOService = periodConfigurationAOService;
}

@Override
public Collection<PeriodConfiguration> getPeriodConfigurations() {
//TODO: ADD caching
return periodConfigurationAOService.getPeriodConfigurations();
}

Then I would like to register the decorated class PeriodConfigurationAOServiceCache so that when a services requires a PeriodConfigurationAOService it receives a PeriodConfigurationAOServiceCache decorating PeriodConfigurationAOServiceImpl.

I have tried various things like:
META-INF.spring/plugin-context.xml but fail to see how I can register beans that depend on services registred in atlassian-plugin.xml.

Has anyone done this and could share his code or provide me with tips on how to solve this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you