Internal Comments Jira Cloud Service Desk

Laurel Moczydlowski September 12, 2019

Hello all!

I was hoping someone out there might have an add-on or script for internal comments in JSD Cloud.  We're moving from Server, where the add-on existed but it seems it no longer does in Cloud.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Laurel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

@Laurel Moczydlowski , can you be more specific about what your requirement is. Certainly JSD Cloud support internal comments. What addon were you using in Server and for what purpose?

Laurel Moczydlowski September 12, 2019

@Jack Brickey I thought the same thing and my team and I did vast amounts of research. The add-on we were using is below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212192/comment-security-default?hosting=server&tab=support

But based upon our testing there is no way to make an internal comment in JSD Cloud.  Our intention is to allow agents to make comments on tickets that are only visible to the Service Desk Team.  For instance, adding a comment for a resolution that includes the technical solution, vs the friendly "thank you for your time this is no complete" comment.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Laurel,

I make internal comments all day. Here is a snapshot. I must be missing something in your requirement.

internal comment.jpg

Laurel Moczydlowski September 16, 2019

Hey Jack,

Is this a service desk? Or a software project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

@Laurel Moczydlowski , if the user submitting the request is a Customer then they should not be able to see the internal comment. Customers cannot access the JSD application at all, only the Portal. If these users are collaborators that have JSW access and can browse the JSD project w/in the application then yes they can see all internal comments. 

0 votes

Appreciate the clarification, it seems there was some miscommunication on this end as to what exactly was going away.  

0 votes

@Jack Brickey To amend my previous comment, yes the internal comment button does exist but that still makes the comment visible to the end user submitting the ticket. We want the ability to make internal comments that are private and only visible to the service desk team.  

Suggest an answer