Initiative not imported in Portfolio plan

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Hello all,

I am facing a strange issue.

I am creating a portfolio plan and while importing issues form sources, it's not showing any initiatives to be selected. Also, once the plan is created if I create an initiative within the plan, I get the message

" To make sure it shows up in your plan you need to edit the issue to match the plan's issue sources again."

And the Initiative disappears from the plan.  But when you see the sources (filters or projects) in the issue navigator then I can see the initiative. Thus the initiative appears in the issue navigator but while importing issues in the plan it's no where to be seen and also creating new initiatives in plan makes them disappear in the plan.

Thanks,

Tarun   

JIRA version - 7.4.3 and Portfolio 2.6.1

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hey Tarun,

Have you made sure that your Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration supports Initiatives?  If you go do Add-Ons there is a screen that will allow you to place Initiatives over Epics in the hierarchy.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Tarun Sapra September 28, 2017

Yes, it's already present in the hierarchy configuration.

Hierachy_configuration.jpg

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Are Initiatives included in the issue types for the project you are using?  What are you using as your issue sources?

Tarun Sapra September 28, 2017

Yes ofcourse, the initiative is part of issueTypeScheme. I am using a filter as source and the initiative is appearing in the issue navigator view of the filter.

Like Lisa M Barton likes this
Todd Buffum May 17, 2019

Any resolution found here? I am experiencing the same issue. Verified that the hierarchy config is setup to include initiatives and the issueTypeScheme is used by the project I am attempting to setup in portfolio. 

Amy Perez June 2, 2020

Same issue here

Suggest an answer