Initiative not imported in Portfolio plan Edited

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Sep 28, 2017

Hello all,

I am facing a strange issue.

I am creating a portfolio plan and while importing issues form sources, it's not showing any initiatives to be selected. Also, once the plan is created if I create an initiative within the plan, I get the message

" To make sure it shows up in your plan you need to edit the issue to match the plan's issue sources again."

And the Initiative disappears from the plan.  But when you see the sources (filters or projects) in the issue navigator then I can see the initiative. Thus the initiative appears in the issue navigator but while importing issues in the plan it's no where to be seen and also creating new initiatives in plan makes them disappear in the plan.

Thanks,

Tarun   

JIRA version - 7.4.3 and Portfolio 2.6.1

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Tyler Brown Community Champion Sep 28, 2017

Hey Tarun,

Have you made sure that your Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration supports Initiatives?  If you go do Add-Ons there is a screen that will allow you to place Initiatives over Epics in the hierarchy.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Yes, it's already present in the hierarchy configuration.

Hierachy_configuration.jpg

Tyler Brown Community Champion Sep 28, 2017

Are Initiatives included in the issue types for the project you are using?  What are you using as your issue sources?

Yes ofcourse, the initiative is part of issueTypeScheme. I am using a filter as source and the initiative is appearing in the issue navigator view of the filter.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

573 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you