Incorrect "No users left" notification

Yevhen Khrapach March 28, 2024

"No users left" notification appears near search box in the Jira UI. Click on it opens dialog with info "You’re out of free users, upgrade for unlimited".

But we have only 3 users and free plan describes "User limit: 10 users".

This looks as a bug. Or have I missed something about active user counting rules?

Notification and the dialog:Screenshot 2024-03-28 190122.png

Actual plan and users count:Screenshot 2024-03-28 190348.png

18 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2024

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience here.  This new popup modal was appearing for Jira free plan products that are using our new billing system.  It appears that a default of 100 users was being returned by the system that checked for number of users in this specific modal that appeared.  That is why all Jira Free plan products on the new billing system would see this popup.  This was a mistake on our side.  The invalid check has been fixed at this time.  The team has informed me that this popup itself did not prevent new users from being added to the site.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.  Thanks for reporting it to us.  The problem has been marked as resolved at approximately 6:10AM today (UTC time), or about 7 hours ago at the time of this update.

Yevhen Khrapach April 2, 2024

That's good to hear!

Juanma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

Thank you! Fixed indeed!

7 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Yevhen Khrapach I have created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-985428

I agree that something doesn't seem right here, as Jira Software free plans should allow for up to 10 users. 

thnx

Like # people like this
gmichalopoulos March 29, 2024

This should not be the accepted answer. The solution (when and if becomes available should be the accepted answer).

Like # people like this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @gmichalopoulos 

This was accepted just so it appears at the top of the answers for users to see :)

Ste

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Roberto Ortiz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

The link above doesn't work for me. I get a page with the message: "Unable to display request".

Kapil Pendse April 1, 2024

@Andy Heinzer is there any update on this issue? I'm still seeing the "No users left" message and looks like many others are in the same boat. I need to add couple of people to my project, but unable to do so until this issue is fixed. Can you share any ETA for a fix?

I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

I agree with @gmichalopoulos, The answer should be accepted when the solution becomes apparent. Accept an answer to pin a message to the top is misleading to many users as it provides a false claims of the issue is resolved. Further confusion added when the link does not work to many users. Accepted answers may result in "Question Resolved" and discourage other users to help out to the issue. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @22080972 

The link is a support request for the original question, so it's for @Yevhen Khrapach - rather than a public link - so it won't work for anyone but Yevhen.

The acceptance is just keeping this comment at the top so it's clear an Atlassian team member is aware of the issue whilst it's still being looked into. 

Ste

l bascle April 2, 2024

This is what I got from Atlassian: “We have confirmed that this is a currently known issue on our system. Our internal support team is already working to fix this on priority.” 

2 votes
l bascle March 28, 2024

I am getting the same issue today and logged a ticket separately (direct support ticket), thinking it was only me. It seems new as well, never noticed this before.

Yisroel Adler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

You have it with a paid plan (free plans don't offer tickets support) as well?

l bascle March 28, 2024

I am on a free plan

and I was physically able to submit a support ticket, maybe you see it as a sales support ticket. 

Like Yisroel Adler likes this
andersonguk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

I'm also having the same "No Users Left" issue on my free Jira plan with only 2 users - all was fine yesterday.

0 votes
Marie Lange Hansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 29, 2024

I’m coming in late here, and new on the community forum, so not quite sure how things work. I’ve been having the same problem for three weeks now:  I’ve been trying to add a member to my board in Trello, but it keeps saying we are too many, even though we have reduced the amount of people twice. We are now 8, and cannot add more. Any update or idea what to do?

Yevhen Khrapach May 1, 2024

According to some answers here, different Atlassian services have different user limits.

At first you should check what is you ACTUAL limit for Trello in the corresponding admin interface. If amount of your users is below the limit then you better start new independent question/issue.

0 votes
Narender Rawal April 2, 2024

not resolved for me yet. jira.JPG

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2024

JSM has a different limit of just 3 agents.  This is unrelated to the popups that the other users are reporting here.  I have replied to your other thread about this over in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Downgrading-to-free-plan-conflicting-steps/qaq-p/2658250 to try to explain how to resolve your limitation here.

0 votes
Narender Rawal April 2, 2024

same issue. I have reduced the number of users to 6 but its only accepting 3 as maximum number of users for free tier. 

Thanks for allowing free tier on this great product.  Some of us are using it for tracking day today tasks and its blocking the development. 

Any idea by when it would be resolved.  

0 votes
Admin Account
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

@Andy Heinzer I am having the same issue. Only 6 users on my free plan but getting the no users left warning.

0 votes
Muaz Badawi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

I have the same issue for my account: blockbuilders.atlassian.net 

0 votes
Stafford Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

I have the same issue at https://rockspatial.atlassian.net/jira. I cannot raise a support ticket though Im on the free plan. How can we resolve it without being able to raise an issue?

0 votes
Mohsen Jafari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

I have the same issue as well, just 4 users and got the warning

0 votes
Jason Bourner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

I am having the same issue. I only have one user currently, myself. I went to add another person and I saw I had no users left. any advice would be great.

Many thanks.

Jason

0 votes
簡嘉炫
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

I am getting the same issue with only one user(myself).

Same issue. Thanks for the information

0 votes
Kapil Pendse March 29, 2024
0 votes
gmichalopoulos March 29, 2024

Same issue here. This just started yesterday. Got only 6 Users and I cannot get rid of this message. 

0 votes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

Having the same issue as well. Advice for a fix. Thank you.

0 votes
Juanma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

It's also happening to us, we're just 4 people.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Hello @Yevhen Khrapach 

Can you provide a copy of the URL you are on where you see the "Current users: 3" information? Obscure confidential information, like your Organization or site ID within the URL.

Can you navigate to the Billing page for your Organization and double check what it says there for the number of users for your product?

Yisroel Adler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

I have it as well.

It shows up on top next to the search bar, on every single page within Jira (but take https://mycompany.atlassian.net/jira/your-work).

The Billing page shows that I have 2 users only.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

I am not seeing this in my free instance.

andersonguk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2024

I'm also having the same "No Users Left" issue on my free Jira plan with only 2 users - all was fine yesterday.

Is this a bug or a not so subtle marketing ploy to initate a 14-day trial for the Standard plan?

@Trudy Claspill The screenshot is from "Change plan" dialogue (click "Change plan" button on "Subscriptions" page). Url is "https://admin.atlassian.com/billing/s/.../entitlement/..." So technically it is "Billing page".

And yes, on all billing-related pages it shows only 3 users.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 203852.png

BTW. I have noticed that this "No users left" button replaces "Upgrade" button.

I tried from a different browser - it is the same 

Like Thomas Nabelek likes this
Tony Robot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

I am getting the same issue with 3 users.

Phil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

Do someone found any solution? I only have one user and have same problem

Steve Howarth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

Can I add my name to the list having this problem.

5 team members but getting the same message ...

jirabug1.pngjirabug2.png

Ognjen Marinkovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

Same here! We are 4 people. Unsure if there's any additional info that we can provide.

Jeff Fredericks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

Add me to the list. I am the only user.

Nicolas Auclair-Labbé
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024

Same thing on my side. There are only four users in my projects and I still got the memo

Thomas Nabelek March 29, 2024

Same problem here. We had six users, three of them suspended. Now we have just three users. Still get "No users left." If we had a fourth user, I want to make sure we won't get charged as if we were adding an eleventh user. This issue started two or three days ago for us.

Thomas Nabelek March 29, 2024

And as another user said, there is no "Upgrade" button. I forget if it was there before like there is in Confluence (but not Bitbucket).

Mark Kassar March 30, 2024

Same here - 4 users, message just turned up.

I can add that it was working fine until I added 2 new users two days ago (bringing me up to 4) and then the next day up pops the message No users left

hmoazed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

Same here, and I literally just created my account (with just me as a user)

Paramjit Singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2024

I have the same issue, single user (myself) in the account.

Carlos Lindo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

Same issue here. 3 users and getting the notification No users left.

Dane Jensen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

same issue here.  5 users and getting the notification

Andrew O_Rourke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

Having the same issue as well!

Carlos Lindo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

It can be an April's fool day issue :D

John Webster
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 1, 2024

Same issue with 2 different Jira Instances for 2 companies

Mark Kassar April 2, 2024

I am no longer seeing the error. If I got to the web based administrator it also gives me the option to add users. I haven't tried adding as I'm worried it will count against me as I might not be able to delete them, only suspend them (not sure if delete appears if there's been no activity)

It looks like it may have been resolved.

Phil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 2, 2024

It seems for me too to have been resolved

Like l bascle likes this
l bascle April 2, 2024

confirming it is resolved here too, therefore safe to assume, everywhere

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events