In Jira or Stash, Associate a Commit with an Issue after the commit has been pushed.

Is it possible to associate an Issue with a Commit (or vice-versa) after the commit has already been pushed?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunatley not. You might be interested in voting for and watching the following feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3628

Just out of curiosity is this mainly for a pull request that this would be useful, or just in general?

Cheers,

Charles

This is for the case where a user forgets to type in the issue key (or there's a typo) in the commit comments. The bigger problem for me is that the next Bamboo build won't have the issue associated and QA won't immediately see that the issue is resolved in that build.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. We're definitely hoping to improve our JIRA integration in a few releases. It might be a little tricky to correlate that information in Bamboo as well, but it's something for us to think about.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,867 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot