Improvements to Cloning Tasks

Talia Faigen February 5, 2021

I often clone tasks in lieu of the option to create a "template" task for tasks that are often repeated processes.

The issues I find frustrating when doing so are:

• Cloned sub-tasks are cloned in the opposite order
  • Cloned sub-tasks have "CLONE - " before the task

Does anyone know of a better way to go about this other than cloning the tasks and subtasks, or is there a setting I could change to customize my experience?

If not, Atlassian - please consider making these changes to your cloning code. 

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Talia Faigen  - did you find a solution for this? 

Talia Faigen December 30, 2021

Hi @John Funk . Unfortunately, I have not found an internal solution for this issue without purchasing Clone Plus for Jira.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Talia Faigen.

Another Marketplace app that fulfills your requirements, is our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Best,

Marlene

0 votes
Nishanth Thimmareddy (Appfire)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Talia Faigen 

Welcome to the community!

Clone Plus for Jira provides you with enhanced and customised clone actions that will solve your pain points:

1. Cloned subtasks will be in the exact same order as the source issue
  2. Cloned subtasks can be fully customized to have a different prefix/ suffix or no prefix at all

If you have questions or feedback about Create on Transition for Jira, please get in touch with us directly.

Full disclosure: I am the product manager for this app.

Regards,

Nishanth T

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

Hi @Talia Faigen

the clone options provide a basis set of features - there are no options you could adjust, but there are several offerings on Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/) which provide increased experience for all users who needs to clone.

Depending on if you are on Server or Cloud the one or another App by some vendor might be suitable more than another - it really depends what else you all need and how your teams works. Also, on how much money you want to invest into the usage of Apps.

The first idea of what is possible you can get from Marketplace by searching by "clone".

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer