Imported XML workflow, Jira faults now when attempting to go to workflows admin.

Robert Blake October 28, 2012
Imported workflow that had been exported from another Jira instance, now when you attempt to go to Workflows in administration, Jira faults with renderingexception org.apache.velocity.exception. Jira is fine everywhere else, is there a way to get this back to before the XML import, or beat this exception? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

Hi Robert,

You can restore your JIRA instance by restoring an XML backup as described in the 'Restoring Data' documentation. By default, JIRA automatically create XML backups under your JIRA HOME/export directory once a day. Alternatively, I believe you can simply delete the imported workflow.

To fix this issue, you'll probably need to recreate all the status/steps associated with this workflow from the source instance and install any plugins you previously had. So in my opinion the best way to import the workflow is by using the JIRA Workflow Sharing Plugin - depending on the version of JIRA you are using, of course; rather then importing the XML directly.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Matheus Fernandes

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

Hi Robert,

Could you paste the whole error here for us to verify?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer