Important Custom Field ( Help )

Hanae alahcen April 15, 2013

is there a way to create prototypes of issues on jira

(pre-configured issues ) ??

and then ,is it possible to have a custom field each time with respect to each prototype ?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Hanae, if I understand you correct, then you can use "Field Configuration Schemes" with "Field Configurations"

if you want different fields in different projects. Or if you want different fields in some Issue then in others, you can use different "Issue Type Screen Scheme" for different Issues.

Yes, Michal

" different fields in some Issue then in others" that's what i'm searching for :)

thanks a lot i couldn't find these words before :)

thanks a lot that's so knid of you all :)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

It sounds like part of your question is that you want some form of template for different types of issues.

Jira doesn't really do templates, but it does support different fields by issue type (and project). That means you can create very specific issue layouts with different data, and you can even default values separately. For example, you might have "Bug", with summary, description, severity, priority, and "new feature" with summary, description, use-case and complexity. You can make these fields optional/mandatory by issue type as well.

There is one little trick - Jira has a handful of fields you cannot drop. Most won't bother you as they're handled automatically (e.g. created date, updated date, key), but the one you can't change is "summary" - it demands that from the users, no matter what you do.

I won't repeat the stuff Ramiro pointed you at, but that is the place to start

(You can try French, but I'm afraid most of the people here tend to use English and may not speak enough French, so you may be narrowing your audience quite a lot. To my shame, I can read basic French, but I can't speak or write it any useful way)

excuse my bad english !

i already did what it described in the link

let me explain what i want by an exemple

we are an entity that can provide " a marketing consulting "

when a client submites an issue to ask us about " the target " or " pricing " or " payment "

i want the client to put the target option in a field named " target"

this field will not be only shown in target issues

the pricing field will be only shown in princing issues

the system will have to know by himself wich field to show to the user by inference to the issue typology

i hope it's more clear now

i'm having the same problem with english :/

thanks a lot for your answear .. the problem i'm facing is that users who will be using JIRA are commercial. and software language is too complicated for them

I want as I can simplify the process of creating a demand for them

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Ok, so what you really need its to know how to configure the issues screen and issues screen scheme. Configuring that you can have a customfield in more than one issue type.

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Hi Hanae, I'm trying to understand the question. If you want to add a custom field to an issue here you have the documentation for that:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field

i'm going to check the second link i think it's the answer for what i'm searching

0 votes
Hanae alahcen April 22, 2013

We actually manage For business units Each business unit is created in JIRA as a class project

Within each project class we can create a project wich is equivalent to an « advertising campaign »

In each project will therefore find components that will consolidate the issues issue can then be classified according to the different components.

We listed all the requests that a commercial can create in drop down list
As shown in the following picture:

The problem is that each request(issue) must have her own predefined fields
That is to say, a certain reflexivity that ensures each request fields associated with it
Eg:
Request 1 : Informations about Rate/targeting
Must have a drop down list of all the types of targeting

Request 2 : Create an advertising campaign
to create the campaign must have a date field for the beginning of the campaign
But targeting field should not be showed

i hope it was more clear then,
Our project is a little confidence i hope i can make this comment viewable only by you

the customised field don’t handle my need

We actually manage For business units Each business unit is created in JIRA as a class project

Within each project class we can create a project wich is equivalent to an « advertising campaign »

In each project will therefore find components that will consolidate the issues issue can then be classified according to the different components.

We listed all the requests that a commercial can create in drop down list
As shown in the following picture:

The problem is that each request(issue) must have her own predefined fields
That is to say, a certain reflexivity that ensures each request fields associated with it
Eg:
Request 1 : Informations about Rate/targeting
Must have a drop down list of all the types of targeting

Request 2 : Create an advertising campaign
to create the campaign must have a date field for the beginning of the campaign
But targeting field should not be showed

i hope it was more clear then,
Our project is a little confidence i hope i can make this comment viewable only by you

the customised field don’t handle my need

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

Hanae, as I see what you need it's easy.

What you have to do it's create this cutomfields with the information you want, and when you do the configuration you can select in which issutype the customfield should be showed.

But, to make the difference between the 'Rate Information' and 'Advertising Campaign' you should have different issue types, because if you use the same one, then you won't be able to select a customfield for one and another customfield for the other one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2013

What Ramiro is trying to point out in the documentation is that you can do things like:

Issue Type Bug has fields: Summary, Description, found in version, impact on users, severity

Issue Type Feature has fields: Summary, Description, business unit, importance

Issue Type Incident has fields: Summary, impact on users, severity

And so-on. It sounds like you need issue types such as "Rate/Targetting information" and "Create Advertising campaign" and then you can set up fields for each *type* of issue.

0 votes

Hi Ramiro the configuration i was explaning to you is all descibed in the following plug in i found in the market place

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields

can you please tell me if it's a good idea to work with it

thanks a lot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2013

No. That really is NOT what you want here.

Pro fields adds Project fields, not issue fields and so far, you've been asking about issue fields. For example, if my projects belong to different business units, I might use Profields to group them together. Each of my issues within a project will belong to that business unit.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

Hi Hanae, @Nic mentioned exactly as it is. I'm not sure those Profields are what you are looking for. For the examples you give it's all about configuring the fields schemes and the issue screen schemes.

0 votes

is it possible to have a custom field for a specifical issue ?

for example in a merketing project if an operator needs to know about the target i want him to create an issue to ask for the target we propose for him then i want specificly for this issu a field names ( target )

may i explain all this in frensh ?

because i really need an answear !

Suggest an answer