Import to JIRA

Armand Spoto May 1, 2017

I am unable to import a CSV file to JIRA. It doesn't give me the option and I have no way to select this feature. I'm not sure what the issue is.

JIRA_Import.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2017

You're on the right horizontal admin tab. On the left-side tabbed navigation, you should see a section called Import & Export as well as an item called External System Import

This module will allow you to import CSVs as an ADMINISTRATOR.

If you're looking for the user-facing CSV import, it's simply under the Issues top-level navigation menu.

Armand Spoto May 1, 2017

That's the issue. There is no section called Import and Export. It's not there. The other "user-facing CSV import" isn't under Issues either. 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2017

Understood. Are you in JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud? As an admin, I have the option in both.

Perhaps this issue applies? External System Import link missing from JIRA Only OnDemand instances It seems that while the Section/Links aren't visible, they are still avaliable in the GG menu or by directly navigating to the URL.

Armand Spoto May 2, 2017

We are on JIRA Cloud. I tried thatgG+G shortcut and that feature is not available.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2017

My only suggestion is to ask Support then. You can find them at getsupport.atlassian.com. 

This feature is avaliable to me, a JIRA-Administrator, in Cloud and Server. I'm not sure why your case would be any different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events