Images missing after upgrade

Philip O'Reilly August 10, 2011

I just upgraded my Jira 4.3 standalone install to 4.4. All customs images such as company logo and user thumnails are no longer showing and are giving 404 file not found errors.

When I click view image in my browser it says my logo should be at http://MYSERVERURL:8080/s/en_IE-lp3meo/649/37/_/images/logo.png

(internal server)

What do I need to do to ensure my images are shown correctly??

1 answer

1 vote
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2011

That URL is from your 'work' directory in Tomcat. Also, I'll bet your custom images are in your old JIRA_INST directory. Do the following:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Delete the contents of the 'work' directory: rm -R <path_to_jira>/work/*
  3. Assuming you have a new JIRA_INST (for v4.4), locate the JIRA_INST directory for v4.3 and your cusom images in atlassian-jira/images/. Copy all of your custom images in there to your new JIRA_INST directory with the same path.
  4. Start JIRA
William Lovins August 10, 2011

I would expand upon step 3 in Justin's answer.

What we've done is to have a subdirectory for ALL custom images (logo, icons, etc) that all of our images go into ($jira/atlassian-jira/images/ica/ {icons, logos}. When we ugrade, we only need to move our ica directory to the new images directory as opposed to remembering which images were yours vs those provided by Atlassian.

This means that I can reference images that use relative paths using $url/images/ica/icons/my_icon.png and relative path images (for example icon urls in the manage issue types) with /images/ica/icons/my_icon.png.

Suggest an answer