Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If there any post function is available for me to update the “Fix Version” via workflow transition?

Hi,

If there any post function is available for me to update the “Fix Version” via workflow transition?

My scenario:
When I create an issue, I wanted that issue to be created into a particular fix version instated of creating into Unscheduled.

I need your help

Thanks
Ganga S

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Normally I would suggest using JSS for this soprt of thing but I am pretty sure there is no post create hook that can be used to alter issues after they are created. You can do this sort of thing with a little work when you tranisition an issue though.

Stepping back I don't think this is a problem for most people because generally there is a validation step at the start of any workflow where someone smart looks at the ticket and decides whether its a real issue, needs more info, is a dupe...

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. I will look into JSS plugin.

Ganga S

We were searching for something similar as we wanted to set this automatically. We are using it in a project other then a development project and since version is what is used to archive, we were using it to categorize issues for a quarter for that purpose of future archiving (we have to retain for 2 years).

We're an Ondemand user and cannot use JSS

@KKELLY In that case I'd just do a Bulk Edit at the end of your quarter, and leave the Fix Version blank until then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you