If there any post function is available for me to update the “Fix Version” via workflow transition?

Ganga_Selvarajah August 23, 2011
Hi,

If there any post function is available for me to update the “Fix Version” via workflow transition?

My scenario:
When I create an issue, I wanted that issue to be created into a particular fix version instated of creating into Unscheduled.

I need your help

Thanks
Ganga S

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Bates August 29, 2011

Normally I would suggest using JSS for this soprt of thing but I am pretty sure there is no post create hook that can be used to alter issues after they are created. You can do this sort of thing with a little work when you tranisition an issue though.

Stepping back I don't think this is a problem for most people because generally there is a validation step at the start of any workflow where someone smart looks at the ticket and decides whether its a real issue, needs more info, is a dupe...

Ganga_Selvarajah August 29, 2011

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. I will look into JSS plugin.

Ganga S

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

We were searching for something similar as we wanted to set this automatically. We are using it in a project other then a development project and since version is what is used to archive, we were using it to categorize issues for a quarter for that purpose of future archiving (we have to retain for 2 years).

We're an Ondemand user and cannot use JSS

Matt Bates June 7, 2012

@KKELLY In that case I'd just do a Bulk Edit at the end of your quarter, and leave the Fix Version blank until then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events