Identifying scope of custom fields

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hi All

I have 120 custom fields and majority of them have a global scope context. Now I want to restrict them to only the projects which use them.

Is there a definitive and an easy way of identifying which projects are using which custom fields. I can then go in make amendments (change context) and re-index just once.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kerem Caglar [Solveka]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

I believe best way is to get this info from the DB. You might find the query that can help you from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA

Otherwise it will give you an idea.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

Thanks Kerem

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

I would have chosen the backend approach first to investigate the customfield configuration. Though I haven't looked at it, can you have a look at the customfield and its related tables under the JIRA database. Hopefully it should give you the associated projects with that customfield.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

thanks Naren

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events