Ideal setup for small team working on multiple clients with overview

Loni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2018

I am looking for a specific setup that needs to combine the following:

A view of all open tasks and in that view the option to prioritize, same as can be done in a backlog or a sprint BUT,

I do not want to give everyone working on any tasks the option to see all other tasks, only the ones they are assigned to.

Ideally I would open up one project for all the tasks, for me it is easiest to name them like this:

Client name - task name

I could also add a label to each task to link it to a client.

But as I mentioned, if I do it this way then all people working in the project would see all the work I have and that is not ideal for me.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2018

@Loni, I’m not sure if this meets your needs but you could consider constructing a set of filters using the currentuser() function in JQL then using those filters on a dashboard. This will allow Andy one using the dashboard to see only their issues. Be sure to share the filters and dashboard as appropriate to meet your needs.

Loni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2018

Sounds like that would do the trick.

When you say dashboard do you mean a project or the whole account?

Am new to Jira so would need to find out how to do all that :)

Guess I got some research to do.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer