I want to post a worklog to the JIRA Issue for a different user on a different date

Richard Clarke April 16, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to log a WorkLog item to JIRA Issue, but against a different user on a different date.

The reason im doing this via the API, is because we are moving our Rally stories to JIRA and want to keep continuity to JIRA.

Is there any easy way to do this?  because i have found that the Atlassian.NET doesnt allow it, and only logs against my login user. (which i dont want).

We have Tempo Timesheets, but im unsure if even that does it.  Is there an quick win here?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hello Richard,

I hope you are having a nice day.

In fact, JIRA Tempo Timesheets provide you with the ability to select the User and date of your work log, as mentioned in the log work window section of this documentation:

Log Work window

The Issue Log Work window is displayed when click on a cell in the Timesheet view to add a worklog for that date and issue.

Th know the REST API call to perform such operation, you can use the Atlassian's REST API Browser in order to try out the operations manually through a web interface integrated with JIRA, as described in this documentation. The REST API Browser will allow you to see all REST methods exposed by Tempo Timesheets (and other add-ons).

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer