I want to a folder that I can manage my project's functional requirements

John Sibley February 8, 2016

I would like to manage functional requirements by functional area and have traceability from high level functional requirements through to associated stories, development and then implementation. At the the moment it is all at an EPIC and issue level. There is much detail (technical, testing etc) I can't see what we are supposed to be delivering (I.e.what the client is paying for.) Can an EPIC belong to a Project Area that would belong to a Project that would belong to a Programme?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

JIRA doesn't have relationships above the project level. You can imitate that with naming conventions, but I don't think that is what you're looking for. It sounds like you want a parent to child to grandchild type relationship, correct?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

To add to what Joe said, I'd be taking a look at the Portfolio add-on, and maybe Tempo's Folio and Planner as well - these introduce more layers aimed at programme management.

Suggest an answer