Priyanka

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi @Priyanka khare ,

The first 2 are exactly the same. Both created and createdDate are ways to refer to the system date/time logged automatically when a ticket was created. -30d simply means count back 30 days from that moment.

StartOfDay(-30d) counts back 30 days from 0.00 AM on the current day. Essentially you count back 30 days from the date switch on the calendar.

Priyanka khare November 15, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout 

Thankyou for the answer.

If i need to access the number of stories created within the last 30 days then my JQL should be-

type= story and createdDate >= -30D

OR

type = story and createdDate >= startOfDay(-30D)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020
issuetype = Story and createdDate >= -30d
Like # people like this
1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2020

Hi @Priyanka khare 

There is no difference between created and createdDate. It is just like an alias, both can be used. Also it is not the only one. Type/issuetype, key/issuekey, due/duedate are some other examples.

All queries should return same result.

Priyanka khare November 15, 2020

@Tansu Akdeniz 

Thankyou for the answer.

If i need to access the number of stories created within the last 30 days then my JQL should be-

type= story and createdDate >= -30D

OR

type = story and createdDate >= startOfDay(-30D)

Suggest an answer