I'm not able to get boards with Jira boards API

Pooja Kokil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2020

I'm trying to get all the boards of jira with the help of jira API ( /rest/agile/latest/board ) but it is giving me the error : Oops, you've found a dead link.

The jira project is on server and the version is 6.2.7.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2020

Hi Pooja,

I understand you're using Jira 6.2.7 server and are looking to get back boards via the REST API.  Boards are specifically part of Jira Software, which was known as Jira Agile back in those versions.  Back then, the version of Jira Agile does not necessarily correspond to the version of Jira Server, so there are a wide range of versions of Jira Agile that you might have.

From what I have found, it appears that Jira Agile/Jira Software did not have a public REST API until versions released around April 2015 as from what I found in this comment. Based on that it appears that Jira Agile 6.4 and later should be supporting of this as per the Jira Agile 6.4 release notes.  The oldest reference guide for Jira Agile REST APIs I can find right now is for 6.7.3.

I would be interested to learn exactly what version of Jira Agile plugin you have installed here.  You can find this in Jira if you are admin by going to the Gear/Cog Icon -> Plugins -> Manage plugins.  On that page you should be able to expand the user plugins such as 'Jira Agile' to see the version installed there.  It might not be possible to get back this information via REST in these older versions, but I am interested to learn more here to see if we can help short of upgrading Jira/Jira Agile to a later version here.

Please let me know.

Andy

Pooja Kokil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2020

Hi Andy,  I'm trying to implement this for my client so its not possible for us to upgrade it. But surely information provided by you is very useful for me so thank you for this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events