I'm not able to build a plugin

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

I ran into this situation

atlas-run -v 4.4

JIRA is locked, some plugins are not enabled. how to enable them? I have JAVA JDK 1.7 running om windows 7, no firewalls or unti-viruses.

Check attached file. some answers says move to JAVA 1.6 that JIRA SDK has some issues with JAVA 1.7.

some of the errors in JIRA home log file:

2012-02-12 15:18:22,644 main ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin [23]: Unable to resolve 23.0: missing requirement [23.0] package; (&(package=javax.xml.namespace)(version>=0.0.0.1_006_JavaSE)). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D</strong<>>

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Resolution to such case (for people running JAVA 1.7 JDK and JRE7):

Follow Atlassian Documentation here

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Installing+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK

, in addition to looking at below notes:

-Uninstall JRE 1.7

-Uninstall JDK 1.7

-Delete existing environment varibles (windows: delete previous environment varibles to JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME) from user and system varibles)

- Make sure you set Atlassian plugin SDK bin directory path into PATH varible in both user and system varibles (leave if found other values in the value field just separate by ';')

-Start fresh JAVA installation for 1.6

-Install JDK 1.6 or the latest updated 1.6 JDK

-Restart Computer

-Set the new JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME varibles in user and system varibles (JDK path should point the root installation directory of the JDK 1.6 JRE to bin directory ex: JAVA\jre6\bin)

See: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Setting+JAVA_HOME

-Now build your plugin again following Atlassian Documentaion here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Installing+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2012

We don't support Java 1.7 yet - try running with Java 1.6.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2012

YES, I was about to close this issue, did it now works fine :) thanks.

0 votes
Jason Brison July 9, 2013

What if we're running a local JIRA 6 install on the same server we're trying to run the SDK from? would the JIRA 6 instance not need java 1.7 while the SDK requires 1.6?

Is there an eta for when the SDK will support 1.7?

0 votes
Joe DeWitt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2013

It is my understanding that Jira 6.0 will require Java 1.7. Is the recommendation that we develop plugins for Jira 6.0 on Java 1.6 and then recompile them against 1.7 when a version of the Atlassian SDK is released that supports 1.7?

Is their an ETA on when such a version of the Atlassian SDK may be available?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2013

Hi Joe,

You don't need to re-compile your plugin against Java 1.7 unless you specifically need to take advantage of any of the new language features in 1.7 - it is fine to compile against 1.6 and execute against 1.7.

The existing version of the SDK should run against Java 1.7 without any problems.

Suggest an answer