I have created a custom event and associated it to all schemes needed but doesn't work

I have created a custom event specific for a issue type

From there I have created a workflow scheme for that issue type

In that workflow I have edited the post-function event to the custom event I have created.

To make sure it works, I have re-indexed

I tried testing it and it doesn't seem to work.  I created an issue associated to the custom event but the email doesn't seem to be triggered.

Am I missing a step or a configuration to make sure that the email is sent?

Thank you for your help.

Françoise  

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 10, 2017

I don't see where you updated the notification scheme.

Oops.  Forgot to mention that I did update the notification scheme.  

I see the event and I added a group to be notified.

Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 10, 2017

Then I don't know. It looks correct. 

0 votes

Which transition(s) did you change the event fired on?  Are you sure you are going through one of them?  (As "create" usually fires "created issue", and most of us don't change that one)

Yes I am sure.

I edited the create transition, when to the post-function of that transition to call the newly created event.

Would the fact that I use cloud based change any of this?

Cloud shouldn't affect it at all.  You did publish the new workflow too?  (That's the one I forget all the time)

Also, what template did you use for the event notification?

Yes I did.  I used the create template for the custom event notification.

Ok, and there's no email at all arriving on create?  Do you have "email me on my issue updates" enabled in your profile?

I was testing with another user to see if he was getting the notifications and he wasn't.  I will test it with enabling my profile.  I will see how that goes.

Thank you.

It works! Thank you! :) 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot