I have a user who is able to removed watchers in one project but not another.

I have a user who is able to removed watchers in one project but not another. 

The user has project administrator role in both projects. The project roles in both projects are the same.

How can I determine why the user cannot remove watchers from one but not the other project.

2 answers

0 vote

"Project admin" is irrelevant here.  Try looking for the permission to "manage watchers".

The user is part of the Project Admins and Project Admins role are in the permissions for Managing Watchers for both projects

I don't quite understand that.

Please, ignore the administrator stuff.  Who has "manage watchers" in each project?  How do your users match those rules?

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 14, 2017

You have to look in the project permission scheme. You will find there Mange Watcher List Permission. Have a look if you are granted this permission directly as a user or indirectly via groups or roles.

You can read more about managing project permission schemes here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Turned out the Project Importer did not update the database correctly and I needed to run a SQL command to update the number of watchers for all issues that were incorrect.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

807 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you