I have a couple of questions but I'm not sure if these are new feature requests

Kevin Turner April 9, 2012

Is it possible to enter a bug as you would a sub task under a user story?

I'm trying to find a way of adding a bug as you a technical sub task / subtask in the task board view when you select the left hand "card menu".

Can you tell me if this is possible and if so how I can do this?

Screenshot attached... err no it isn't as I don't have any "Karma Points"!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2012

Not really. Top level and sub-task issue types are separate - a top level item cannot be a sub-task of something else, and a sub-task must have a parent.

There's nothing to stop you adding a sub-task issue type of "bug" though. You won't be able to use the exact same name (That's from memory, that may have changed) and Jira will still treat them as two utterly separate issue types.

Kevin Turner April 9, 2012

Hi Nic,

I have managed to add 2 bug types. Both called Bug. I have used underscores i.e B_U_G in the second type of bug to achieve this. I can confirm that the second type can now be added as a sub task under the User Story and works very well indeed!

Kind regards

Kevin

Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

We are currently testing using this and have called our sub-task bug 'Story Bug'.

Suggest an answer