I deleted a work JIRA and Atlassian account but it keeps sending me service management tickets. How

Rab Mulholland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

When I send an email to my work account (I own the company and email domain)  JIRA sends me a Service management ticket - but I have ended that Atlassian account and do not use JIRA. 

this is the JIRA account detail

jira@activexl.atlassian.net

It should not exist. 

1 answer

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Hi @Rab Mulholland 

Welcome to the community!

If you are receiving Service Management tickets from Jira to your work email account, but you have ended your Atlassian account and do not use Jira, it is possible that there is a misconfiguration or an issue with the email forwarding or notification settings.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your email forwarding settings: Ensure that you have not set up any email forwarding rules or filters that might be redirecting Jira notifications to your work email. Check your email account settings or contact your email administrator for assistance.

2. Review your notification settings in Jira: If you still have access to your Atlassian account, log in to Jira and go to your profile settings. From there, review the notification settings and make sure that you have disabled any notifications or subscriptions that could be sending tickets to your email address.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer