I'd like to import Story Points

Yannick Oonincx
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2018

Hi, a few weeks ago we started importing stories from a .CSV file. But unfortunately there is no JIRA field for Story Points in the External System Import. Is there a workaround or any other possibility to solve this issue?

2 answers

2 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx December 5, 2019

Just add "Story Point" fields to your configured Create Screen.

and then try again.

In my case it worked

Jonathan Do January 21, 2020

Tested this on my Jira Cloud instance and this worked.

It's still incredibly silly that this isn't easier, but this wasn't very hard.

Like Ahmet Kilic _catworkx likes this
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

THANK YOU! yet another quirk we were not able to figure out for way too long!

Like Ahmet Kilic _catworkx likes this
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx March 24, 2020

You re welcome!

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

Hello @Yannick Oonincx

Please see the documentation here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver079/importing-data-from-csv-950288822.html

You can easily import custom fields in order to do that make sure you already have the "Story points" field created in JIra and mapped to the project context and when you import the CSV then it will automatically map the "Story points" column from CSV to the field present in Jira.

If you want to import story points values to existing issues then see this answer

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Importing-Custom-fields-and-values-to-existing-JIRA-issues/qaq-p/572904

Bat March 27, 2019

I do not see anything in these articles about Story Points

Like # people like this
Elliot Gates April 8, 2019

Both links have nothing to do with story points. 

Like Vadis2 likes this
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

Hello @Elliot Gates 

Both links contain information about "custom fields", Story points is a "number field" custom field hence you have to import it like any other normal custom field.

Bat April 11, 2019

...or alternatively, since this is such a common feature request, Atlassian can make it super easy and obvious by just  adding a Story Points field in the Input Field drop down box.  

Like # people like this
spacattac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

good grief right?  just be explicit please on Story Points as a first class citizen field like Summary, Description, Issue Type, etc.

Suggest an answer