I closed a sub-ticket then I opened it again, however, it appears to be closed on the main ticket.

Gusztav Braikoff March 20, 2024

I closed a sub-ticket related to the main JIRA ticket. Then I opened it again. However, it appears to be closed on the main ticket.

Can this be fixed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 answers

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Gusztav Braikoff , welcome to the community and thanks for your question!

Do you mean that the sub-ticket has a status of open but still has a resolution of closed? Typically this happens when there isn't a post function where, when the issue goes back a step in the workflow, to clear the resolution.

Please check the documentation for this here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/working-with-workflows-938847362.html 

Hope this helps but if not, please give us your feedback and either I or someone else will try to help.

Cheers

Yes, thank you, I see.

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hello @Gusztav Braikoff 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Can you provide a screen image of what you see? Is the main ticket showing the wrong status for the sub-ticket?

0 votes

Hello @Trudy Claspill,

Thanks for the help. The problem is reversed. The reopened sub-ticket still appears to be closed. I also attached a picture, but I can't see it now.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2024

Please try reattaching the picture or describing what you see.

Is the correct status shown next to the sub-ticket when you are viewing the main ticket?

Does the issue key for the sub-ticket have a line through it?

Yes, the sub-ticket have a line through it. Opened_subticket.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2024

If you open that issue directly does it show the correct status value?

And do you see a value displayed in the Resolution (Megoldas) field?

If so, then I believe @Valerie Knapp 's answer applies.

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Yes, the sub.tickett resulution field is Completed status. I follow the Ms. Knapp answer.

Have a nice day, and thank you.

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events