I can't get JIRA installed

Bad day. Upgrade of JIRA 6.0.5 to 6.2.1 did not install the service. My attempts to fix hosed it up so bad, I just deleted it all. I decided to start with a clean 6.2.1 install; however, after I install, it tells me my key is too old (even though it is not), and it requires an admin user/password to proceed. Of course since this is a clean install, there is no admin user/password. I have tried a million things to get anything to install, but all attempts have failed. How can I proceed? It mentions a switch that will override that I can apply to the JIRA start, but when I apply the switch, the installation is still requiring a username and password to get past the bogus license issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 answer

Hi Brian,

I think you have mistakenly click on Move to Answers button in the JIRA Support :)

However, for the sake of this thread, I will post the workaround that helped you fix the curent problem:

• Update license directly via database
    1. Run the following query, replacing PutLicenseHere with the actual license
      update propertytext 
      set propertyvalue = 'PutLicenseHere' 
      where ID = (SELECT pt.id FROM propertytext pt JOIN propertyentry pe ON pt.id = pe.id
 WHERE property_key = 'License20');

2. Restart JIRA server

Have a good day :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

423 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you